Our Current Fundraising Goal
Current Construction Project: Plastering the external walls of the 29,000 square foot Vocational Training Center.
Cost: Estimated at $60,000.
Amount Currently Raised: $30,825 (updated 6 August 2018).
Learn for Life Kenya and the Tumaini Children’s Ministry are partnering to build a Vocational Training Center in Nyeri, Kenya.
The VTC will provide marginalized youth with an opportunity to gain contextually relevant and marketable skills for self-sufficient futures.
To avoid disruption in the construction, we are seeking to raise $35,000 in the next few months.
To better understand the work remaining on the VTC, please view these charts showing remaining phases to complete, by type and by floor:
Welcome to Learn for Life Kenya!
We are a US-based charitable corporation with a vision to support context-specific learning opportunities to prepare youth for a brighter future.
Our mission is to prepare impoverished communities in Kenya for employment through vocational skills training.
To achieve our mission, we seek to:
- Partner with local communities to understand their needs and vision.
- Serve as a catalyst for carefully selected projects by raising awareness and funds nationally and internationally.
- Work with the local leadership to facilitate an integrated approach to implement desired programs.
- Engage with local communities to develop networks to ensure employment opportunities for trainees.
- Collaborate with local leadership in defining sustainable funding/business models.
We are committed to contributing financial and non-financial support to enable significant transformation that will foster dignity, inspire hope and teach skills.